Well, well…wasn’t that lovely. The Barn was defended and Jaroslav Halak gets to face the Washington Capitals in Game 7. This IS a repeat from 2010.
Nerves are a hell of a thing. Colin McDonald and Mikail Grabovski had none, I had them all. This was a good trade off.
The Irish Channel was rocking. Roughly 20 Islanders loyalists took over the quaint DC bar and turned it into NVMC South. Props to New York Islanders Fans In DC for a great afternoon.
Some random thoughts:
– Keep the 3rd line of McDonald, Grabovski, and Kulemin together. They showed little to no signs of rust or injury, and had the feel for each other. “CMac and the Soviets”?
– Scott Mayfield is the roughneck the Isles needed from injury one. He looked fine.
– Hi, Matt Donovan. Thanks for everything.
– The Storm Troopers were on fire again. One gets the feeling they’re “due”.
– If you cannot get fired up watching John Tavares, you are a corpse.
As of 9:07pm on Saturday, April 25th, the cheapest Game 7 tickets are $98. Get on those before they disappear. And if you cannot make it to Verizon Center, the Irish Channel is your home.
“This Was Our House.”